DEVELOPMENT OF MANUAL FLIGHT CONTROL LAWS - INTERNSHIP (M/F)
- référence : 17/18-E 11
- nature du contrat : Stage
- lieu : Blagnac (31)
- date de début : March/April 2018
position summary:Activity domain: Stability & Control (flight physics)
main responsabilities:In ATR aircraft, there is no fly by wire system. The pilot controls are mechanically linked to the control surfaces. The auto pilot controls dedicated servomotors which actuate the same mechanical links.
ATR Flight Mechanics & Loads department (EFF) is investigating the possibilities of implementing manual flight control laws solution on our ATR aircraft simulation platform. This is also an opportunity to add a Pilot In the Loop model to its current flight mechanics tool.
The objective of the internship is to define, test and validate flight control laws with an efficient Pilot In the Loop model.
As part of this internship, your main tasks will be to perform:
- Literature review on:
- The control laws used in current aircraft
- The certification/airworthiness regulations pertaining to flight control laws
- Stability analysis to understand the different natural aircraft modes in the flight domain
- Propose a manual flight control law adapted to ATR specifities – longitudinal axis
- Test and validate the proposed control law on aircraft simulation tool OSMA
- Propose a control law architecture for specific manoeuvres to emulate a Pilot In the Loop
- If times permits, perform the above three steps on lateral axes
key skills / key personal attributes / experience required:You are currently preparing a masterdegree (in Aeronautic school) or you are currently doing a gap year while your masterdegree in the aerospace, flight mechanics, automatic control, control systems domain. You can show the next skills and abilities:
- Hard skills: stability & control, control laws robustness, aerodynamics
- Soft skills: autonomous, team player
- IT skills: Matlab, Python, Ms-Office
- Language skills: English advanced