STRUCTURE SPACE ENGINEER (M/F)
- référence : 18/02-P
- nature du contrat : CDI
- lieu : Toulouse
- date de début : ASAP
position summary:In a Spares Engineering activity context, in compliance with the objectives set by the Programme Division, the Spares Structure Engineer plays a central role within the Department.
Your missions within the Spares Engineering department will include:
- Providing Spares Technical Support for structures under Leonardo responsibility. As such you will need to analyse evolutions in technical data and select and propose spare parts to optimise stocks. As the ATR structure spares specialists, you will act as liaison between the personnel in the Leonardo Design Office, Production and Manufacturing Engineering departments.
- Acting as technical interface and providing expert knowledge to the other ATR departments (Spares Quality, Products & Services Centres, Working Parties, etc.). This role will involve direct contact with the customers.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of existing processes.
main responsabilities:As the successful candidate, you will join the "Spares Engineering Support" (PCSE) team and your main activities will include:
1/ Performing technical analyses on structural parts under Leonardo responsibility: fuselage, stabilisers, doors, fairings, landing gear fittings, etc.
This will involve:
- Monitoring configuration changes (modifications), applicability of airworthiness directives, updating product support technical databases (SAP).
- Integrating interchangeability between the various parts/assemblies/technological solutions in compliance with airworthiness, safety and certification rules.
- Creating and updating technical decision-making tools to suggest alternative assemblies meeting the technical and financial criteria.
- Drafting the Material Supply Specifications (MSS) used to define the spare parts which will meet customer requirements while optimising the stock status.
- Managing the product support suffixes in SAP in line with the Leonardo manufacturing work processes.
- Analysing the Structural Repair Manual (SRM).
- Identifying part obsolescence and searching for alternative solutions.
2/ Making spares selections and recommendations for structural parts under Leonardo responsibility.
This will involve:
- Providing the stock forecasting group with technical support to optimise the stock level of spare parts, in particular the parts with a long manufacturing cycle.
- Analysing the changes to and interchangeability of the parts in order to ensure correct and efficient delivery to the customers.
- Compiling the technical dossiers of partner data and ensuring that the information is maintained on time,
- Establishing a Long Lead Time Items (LLTI) catalogue and following up on the commercial and technical changes to be decided. This information will also be entered into the ATR Spares databases.
3/ Providing other ATR departments with Spares Technical Support and expert knowledge for structural items under Leonardo responsibility: Spares, AOG, Sourcing, subcontractors, working parties, ATR centres, Spares Quality. You will also provide the airlines with technical support (answering the questions sent to the Spares Engineering mailbox, CRM) You may be required to research and propose alternative technical solutions to the Design Office. This role will involve direct contact with the customers.
key skills / key personal attributes / experience required:As the successful candidate, you should be able to demonstrate some of the following skills and experience:
- General engineer which at least 5 years of experience in the aeronautics sector.
- Good knowledge of aircraft structure design principles and how to draft an aircraft drawing set.
- Proficiency in technical design and manufacturing data and in technical data for metallic and composite materials, protection and standards will be required.
- Good knowledge of the airworthiness statutory requirements.
- Ability to read definition drawings (ATR, partners).
- Aeronautical standards: ATA100.
- Technical documentation of aircraft and equipment: SRM, IPC and AMM, SB, CMM.
- Awareness of the continuous improvement approach (Lean).
- Project management.
- IMS (Leonardo Engineering database)/CICE (Leonardo Production database)/Gilda/SAP
- Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and Power Point)
Good interpersonal skills, summarising skills, voluntary approach, ability to work in a team and an independent nature.
The ability to meet the requirements of the internal and external customers
Italian and English: advanced level.
French would be a plus.
The role involves travel to our partner company, in Italy.