Within the Airline and Product Marketing Group - which belongs to the Sales Studies & Marketing department of the Commercial Directorate your main function will be the development and management of standardized marketing arguments to highlight advantages of the ATR products over the competition; including the monitoring of new regional aircraft programs and positioning vs. ATR products. You will be the main focal point for all technical data within the commercial division.
- Systematically catch, analyze and closely monitor information about competition coming from press release, brochures, airshows, sales campaigns, etc…
- Develop and maintain a competitor product knowledge system whereby information is collected and distributed within the company and externally.
- Updating and monitoring of aircraft characteristics and performance/economic databases
- Identify and prepare sharp messages and story lines about ATR competitive position that enables the product to be distinguished from rival offerings
- Create and maintain a “know your foe” like document describing, analyzing, positioning ATR product vis-a-vis competition with a specific focus on the new regional aircraft programs
- Prepare and update face to face product comparisons with main ATR’s competitors
- Prepare and disseminate regular reports and studies within the company to inform and update about competitor’s development
- Create high level ad hoc comparisons for top management
- Participate to the product policy by positioning current and new ATR products versus current and/or new aircraft entrants
- Develop aircraft commonality tool
- Update a flight crew resources, spares parts investment model in function of the fleet size
- Create and maintain material and charts including brochures to provide argumentation for product positioning and general marketing application of ATR product.
- Update aircraft configuration, list of options database of delivered aircraft
key skills / key personal attributes / experience required:
As the successful candidate, you should be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- A strong engineering educational background including aeronautics and economics marketing is required.
- A solid technical (performance and operational) and commercial understanding of the regional air transport business, airline cost structure, product landscape and the factors which influence it.
- Good presentation style and skills; experience in making presentation to a large audience and ability to communicate with different sources and users of information.
- Ability to influence decisions, internally and externally.
- Good writing skills, ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Inquisitive by nature, with a good analytic sense.
- A high standard of fluently spoken and written English and French is compulsory; the additional ability to communicate in other languages is desirable.
- Experience in the application and use of data processing tools on PCs and especially Microsoft powerpoint and excel. Knowledge of MIDT traffic data is preferable.
- Relevant professional experience within an airline or aircraft manufacturer is highly recommended (a person having at least 5 to 10 year experience in the fleet and network planning, airline or product marketing and/or sales).