The Technical Support Department mission is:
To provide technical assistance from Miami’s office and on-site whenever necessary to ATR customers in the Americas, currently over 250 aircraft with more in the backlog, to come in the next years.
To support customers operations continuous improvement by sharing experience and expertise on worldwide ATR aircraft operation.
To reinforce partnership with ATR customers by developing proximity and knowledge of customers’ ground operations.
The Department reports to the VP of Technical Support and is currently made of one supervisor and three managers/engineers. The resignation of the current structures manager demands a quick replacement.
This is a local contract.
The Systems Technical Support Engineer is responsible for providing technical support assistance related to aircraft systems requests to Customers operating ATR42 and ATR72 aircraft in the Americas and Caribbean.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing timely technical assistance and guidance
- Process customer requests (including during the week-ends on a rotation basis)
- Understand and clarify customer queries received by phone, email or CRM. Record the necessary information (aircraft information, time, etc.) in CRM (or other adapted tool)
- Address technical support queries reaching the AAS Technical Support Team, with special focus on the Structures ATA Chapters
- Provide damage assessment recommendations and repair guidelines to Customers in collaboration with the ATR Structure Support Team (TLS)
- Contribute to AAS Technical Support Team’s achievement of the departmental objectives in terms of customer service, i.e. treatment of customer queries ("AOG", “ Critical” and "Routine") within defined timelines
- Provide onsite Technical Assistance whenever required at Customer’s site (up to 20% of the work time)
- Provide onsite assistance/guidelines, Best Maintenance Practices and On the Job Training (OJT) to the airline maintenance staff
- Participate in Maintenance Check flights, pre/post troubleshooting and maintenance actions to confirm system operation as defined by ATR
- Focus on preventing and resolving in-service technical problems and provide feedback to ATR with proposed improvements based on in-service experience
- Prepare and present maintenance technical review to Customers and define an action plan to improve the dispatch reliability
- Promote and recommend preventive maintenance actions as well as the application of Service Bulletins that can improve technical reliability and possibly reduce maintenance costs
- Launch actions for changes/improvements to the Technical Publication whenever required
- Provide technical expertise during ATR Working Party and asset (aircraft) redelivery in the region
key skills / key personal attributes / experience required:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Aeronautical/Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience in the Aviation Industry; working experience on ATR aircraft is a must
- Working knowledge of electrical standard practices
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret aircraft structures drawings, wiring schematics and other aircraft technical documentation
- Thorough understanding of aircraft maintenance and engineering operations, including line maintenance and heavy/base maintenance
- Knowledge of ATA chapters systems is required:
- Avionics systems
- Electrical systems,
- Hydraulic and Landing Gears Systems
- Flight Controls systems,
- Propulsion systems
- Air conditioning systems.
- Experience on ATR -600 avionics system would be a plus
- Working knowledge of the ATR SRM, ability to understand structural repair kit manuals and ATR hardware standards would be a plus
- Good understanding of aviation regulations EASA, FAA and other local authority regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of English and Technical English
- Ability to speak French, Spanish or Portuguese would be a plus
- Willing to travel on short notice to provide onsite technical support in the region (20% of the time minimum)
- Ability to work under pressure and to be on call during out of office hours
- Willing to ensure AOG duty also during weekends and public holidays on a rotation basis
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- Familiarity with CRM query management system would be a plus
ATR Americas is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.