In the frame of ATR Customer Care and Technical Support Department, within the Fleet Performance Team, the selected candidate will:
- Provide support to internal and external customers on all topics involving fleet performance, in order to contribute to the achievement of the reliability and aircraft availability required by the market.
- Based on the in-service fleet performance data, identify potential issues in the areas of maintenance performance, scheduled maintenance, operational reliability and propose technical improvements aimed at maximizing aircraft availability and reducing operation disruptions.
- Assess GMA* components reliability and cost, to identify configuration improvement opportunities that will be beneficial to airline operations and cost of ownership reductions, whilst also preserving ATR’s financial interest, GMA profitability and competitiveness. (*GMA stands for Global Maintenance Agreement)
- Provide technical support to GMA services’ Customers or prospects, during sales campaigns, contracts renewal and execution phase of the contract.
- Prepare and animate GMA Technical Reviews and Dispatch Reliability Improvement Plans for ATR operators through analysis of collected in-service fleet data.
- Contribute to the development of the Fleet Performance data analysis for ATR and customer benefits, by implementing new methods and processes.
The selected candidate will participate to the monitoring and analysis of in-service data collected from the operators worldwide.
In particular his/her main responsibilities will be:
- Appraise ATR fleet performance in terms of reliability by consolidating Key Performance Indicators with the available in-service data.
- Lead statistical analysis on collected fleet data in order to identify top drivers of dispatch reliability, components removals and GMA additional costs.
- Identify technical recurring subjects that may require specific investigation regarding airworthiness, design, reliability, quality and impact on ATR services profitability.
- Liaise with Airlines and Suppliers in order to tackle Reliability and Maintenance issues.
- Visit Airlines to animate Fleet Performance Reviews deliver Dispatch Reliability Improvement Plans and, for GMA customers, present components performance analysis and improvement opportunities during periodical contract reviews.
- Ensure processing, follow-up and timely resolution of technical support queries from airline customers, in the frame of GMA contract execution. This will involve interaction with Customers, as well as internal coordination.
- Collaborate with the different technical support entities in Customer Care Department, with Engineering and Program organizations, to ensure the preparation and consolidation of technical support required to fulfil customer requests.
- Complete in depth technical analysis of GMA components performance, review repair data (shop finding reports analysis, repair costs) in cooperation with Repair management and GMA contract administration groups, to provide inputs and actively contribute to definition of technical improvement solutions.
- Analyse out of scope events (exclusions), such as excessive NFF, Scrap rate, CID, BER and propose improvement actions or launch additional investigation actions when required to identify corrective actions. Identify and take steps to implement mitigation actions whenever possible.
- Support aircraft and services sales campaign by providing fleet performance studies.
- Review and improve existing procedures for fleet and major components reliability monitoring and measuring.
- Ensure a reporting of ATR Fleet Performance and issues to internal and external customers.
- Continuously feed the ATR in-service issues assessment and monitoring process.
- Provide on request reliability trainings and expertise concerning fleet performance topics.
- Identify upgrade & retrofit opportunities, considering commercially agreed strategy for components evolution on Customer’s fleet and GMA pool.
- When required in the frame of assessment of recurrent in-service occurrences, or for investigation purpose, collect additional data, in coordination with other Customer Care & Technical Support Entities.
- Review and evaluate modifications, ATR SBs and OEM VSBs, with the support of engineering when necessary, and select those relevant for application to GMA asset.
- Involve Procurement and Supplier Management teams when necessary to address unachieved technical guarantees, initiate necessary remedial actions and/or product improvements, review standard repair scope of work and associated commercial terms.
- Support Procurement teams, in frame of repair contract negotiations and Product Support Agreements setup or renewal.
key skills / key personal attributes / experience required:
- Technical background and engineering analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of aircraft systems and structure related subjects. Experience in technical support and/or engineering, in a customer service/program organization.
- Mastering of contractual, commercial and logistic aspects in the frame of product/customer support activities.
- Experience in aircraft/fleet care services and/or MRO services. Ability to analyze and deal with aircraft maintenance documentation. Knowledge of ATR aircraft, although not compulsory, would also be an advantage.
- Knowledge of reliability and maintenance economics principles: Dispatch Reliability, MTBUR, root cause analysis and investigations.
- Previous experience in a similar position would be welcome.
- Customer oriented.
- Good presentation and communication skills, used to interface with customers and suppliers and to work in project teams involving different directorates.
- Ability to drive a meeting with customers and to deliver a presentation in a multicultural and demanding business environment.
- Positive and proactive attitude.
- Open minded and flexible.
- Ability to set priorities and adapt to customers’ driven and internal time constraints. Problem solving orientation.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
5 to 10 years experience in aerospace industry. With a sound technical background, experience in customer support and services involving both engineering support and commercial related aspects. Previous experience in an airline would be an advantage, to address customers’ expectations thanks to perfect understanding of aircraft/airline operations.
English and French: negotiation level. Additional languages welcome.
Aeronautical Engineering Degree (Bac +4/5).
SOFTWARE AND TOOLS
SPECIFIC JOB CONSTRAINTS
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office package (Advanced Excel knowledge is a plus).
- Knowledge of data processing and analysis.
- Although not compulsory, SAP knowledge would be appreciated.
- Previous experience in using a CRM database (Customer Relationship Management) and/or a MIS (Maintenance Information System) will be an advantage.
Availability and flexibility for international travelling, up to 40% of the time. Duration of business trips may vary from a couple of days (in most of cases) up to 2 to 3 weeks maximum. Short notice may apply. Flexibility for out of hours work and contacts when required.
ATR is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.