Within the framework of the Company’s commercial policy, declined at each individual deal level in the definition of a commercial strategy to which he/she contributes jointly with the multi-functions commercial team in charge, the Aircraft Contracts Negotiation Director is responsible of the contractual negotiation process for both new and used aircraft transactions, and accountable of the negotiation results and documents aiming to achieve the Company’s commercial objectives in terms of profitability, pricing, risk-intake and legal enforceability. Each Aircraft Contracts Negotiation Director negotiates all of the new & used aircraft transactions (sales, financial leases, operating leases & lease extensions, used aircraft trade-ins or remarketing where applicable) for the Company and has substantial individual authority and latitude in conducting the contractual negotiation process, within a framework of established parameters, procedures and approval/delegation rules. Each year, each Aircraft Contracts Negotiation Director will on the average produce and negotiate offers related to the sale of around 50-80 new aircraft with different potential customers.
The Aircraft Contracts Negotiation Director responsibility is to define and contract creative solutions to commercial challenges which are acceptable to all relevant parties: ATR, customers, financiers, etc… It includes:
- Persuading, jointly with the multi-functions commercial team involved (sales, marketing, etc.), customers to purchase / lease aircraft on commercial terms favourable to the Company, countering customer’s arguments concerning product value, fair market price and lease rates, and customer specific factors arguing for lower prices.
- Defining, and win through negotiation, the commercial terms under which the Company will do business with a given customer, pricing the product in order to include various options, strategic reserves and profit margins, while keeping good customers’ relationship despite a highly competitive – sometimes highly emotional – environment under strong time pressure.
- Directing customers and internal stakeholders towards non-recourse transactions in order to improve Company’s financial results.
- In the frame of RFP’s, co-ordinating and consolidating the activities of the various groups also working on a given deal : sales, marketing, leasing & asset management, support & services, customer & structured finance, legal, etc. maintaining overall control over commercial issues as broadly defined.
- Recommending to the Company’s management the commercial terms and possible trade-offs to be approved for individual deals.
- Preparing for each transaction the Deal Assessment Summary Sheet, Transaction Summary and price build-up analysis (Net Yield) and other deal papers as necessary for approval by SVP Commercial or CEO (as applicable).
- Maintaining a detailed knowledge of and be prepared to answer management’s questions concerning the details of several complex transactions at any given time.
- Negotiating contractual/legal terms favourable to the company, from winning agreement on conceptual points to the drafting of a contractual language documenting the agreement and protecting the Company’s exposure.
- Drafting all contractual documents - commercial proposals(Heads of Agreements, MoU’s, Letters of Intent), sale or lease contracts - with the support of other involved departments.
In the conduct of his job, the Aircraft Contracts Negotiation Director interacts with many different functions across the Company, depending on the aspects which will be key to winning the customer.
Besides permanent interactions within the Aircraft Contracts & Administration Department, most frequent interactions are with Aircraft Sales (CS); Marketing (CM); Leasing, Asset Management and Freighter (CL); Customer & Structured Finance (FF); Program (P); Product and Services (PS); Training (PT); etc.
key skills / key personal attributes / experience required:
Education & Experience:
- Master Commercial Degree or Master Degree in business law and/or aircraft finance with aircraft commercial background / experience.
- #10 years experience minimum with 3-5 years recent experience in similar position or a position mixing legal, finance and business matters in aeronautics.
Proven negotiation skills:
- contact, listening ability, creativity, self-control.
- Strong contractual drafting skills.
- Rigorous, autonomous and accountable.
- Ability to withstand pressure, innovate and federate.
- Ability to influence, take decisions and leadership over the subjects at hand.
- Ability to understand complex situations and synthetize them for Management’s validation/decision.
- Fluent in English with a mastering of written/oral business English; French, Spanish, Chinese or other languages would be a plus.
- At ease with Microsoft Office suite, in particular Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated teamwork spirit
- High professional availability / flexibility: regular business trips, sometimes under very short notice.
ATR is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief