Within Commercial Directorate, reporting to Head of Marketing Department, your main function will be to provide a thorough understanding of the regional air transport business, its characteristics and perspective, in order to anticipate future trends and requirements and to contribute actively to the commercial & product strategy of the company. By establishing a relevant expertise, contribute to the positive perception of ATR as a leader and best influence market development. In addition you will support the Head of department as required.
Lead a team of 5 experts to:
- Influence the market by promoting regional connectivity and its benefits,
- Stimulate market demand by modelling new routes and sharing results with airlines
- Forecast: set up a market forecast model and deliver a 20-year market forecast
- Analysis: provide support to sales effort by carrying out market studies, network analysis, contribute to product development strategy by estimating market potential,
- Database: centralize and maintain Marketing database (MINT: Marketing Innovative Navigation Tool – schedule, traffic and fleet data, economic data, airports, Metars, google car road distance and time, ATR fleet history; Maintenance Data) and provide relevant reporting to the company
- Maintenance Cost: Annual update and deployment of DMC baseline by using the latest inputs from Program/Engineering, maintain DMC projection tool and operational expertise to ensure the most relevant maintenance costs projection is used in sales campaigns.
- Marketing plan: provide market landscape supporting marketing & communication strategies, product and services strategies, implement associated roadmap with Head of Regions, communication and Program.
- Establish long term planning and identification of targets and prospects in cooperation with each head of region
- Market intelligence: develop and maintain a system to collect and consolidate information related to market trends, competition, maintenance cost drivers and market requirements to support product development.
- Create meaningful messaging in collaboration with Communication Department
- Conferences: promotion of ATR views to international audiences through preparation and presentations of ATR product range, market analysis and competitive advantages
- Services Marketing: provide sales team with relevant marketing material referring to services provided by ATR; contribute to Services development strategy by analysing market needs.
key skills / key personal attributes / experience required:
At least 5 years relevant professional experience is required ideally with Commercial or Operational role within an airline.
A solid operational and commercial understanding of the regional air transport business, airline cost structure, market dynamics,
- Aviation market key players, stakeholders, trends and drivers
- Understanding of Macro-economic environment,
- Aircraft financing landscape
- Technology awareness
- Airline fleet and network planning, revenue management
- Data management and mathematical models
- Product knowledge: good understanding
- Marketing and communication: messaging, presentation
A high standard of fluently spoken and written English compulsory; the additional ability to communicate in French and other languages is desirable.
- Software: Excel, PowerPoint, World, PowerBI
- Database: understanding of the following data : Schedule & traffic data (e.g. OAG, SABRE, MIDT), Macro-Economic data (e.g. IHS, Oxford Economics)
ATR is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious
- Management: Capability to animate and federate the team around common objective.
- Adaptability: capacity to adapt new topics (technical, commercial, communication, service, tools), conduct research and understand main drivers to elaborate guidance
- Customers: Ability to work in order to satisfy internal and / or external clients managing time and quality expectations.
- Economic impact: Ability to achieve objectives by integrating notions of time, quality and financial results.
- Innovation: Ability to use a creative approach to create new marketing strategies, solve problems and achieve goals.
- Excellent presentation style and skills; experience in making presentation to a large audience and ability to communicate with different sources and users of information.
- Ability to influence decisions, internally and externally.
- Good writing skills, ability to prepare clear and concise reports.